Monday 27 April 2020

Gears Tactics review impressions: A turn-based spinoff with shooter sensibilities

“Watch those rockets!” “Grubs are moving!” “He’s turning around!”

The Locusts are relentless. In threes and fours they take to the field, emerging out of the ground until I can get close enough to toss a grenade down the hole. The Locusts don’t make it easy though, setting up complicated webs of cause-and-effect. Step here, get shot. Flank, and another is watching the first’s back.

And on their turn, a swarm. Luckily I can set just as deadly a trap. As the drones and wretches sprint towards my position they find a wall of bullets, a double pincer that cuts them to pieces. But even as I cut this first force down, more are emerging behind.

I sit. I stare at this moment, frozen in time—my four ragtag Gears facing down an unstoppable army. I pour myself a drink and I think it over, calmly and quietly, the way Gears Tactics demands.

To read this article in full, please click here



from PCWorld https://ift.tt/2SbN0cA

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home