Wednesday 25 March 2020

Why I spent a bundle on a Wi-Fi 6 router for my work-from-home setup: Speed, speed, speed

As a long-time freelancer and work-from-homer, I’ve owned a lot of routers in my quest for the speediest and most pervasive possible Wi-Fi. I had the original Apple Airport, followed by the AirPort Extreme, the Linksys WRT3200ACM, and most recently, the Netgear Orbi RBK50.

Update 3/25: Newegg is selling the Orbi WiFi 6 router for $550 today, taking $150 off the MSRP with code 3FNMDS36. This version is slightly better than the model I own and wrote about here, with 1.2Gbps of bandwidth on the 2.5Ghz network versus 900Mbps on the Costco model I bought.

To read this article in full, please click here



from PCWorld https://ift.tt/2UzM02r

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home