Tuesday 28 January 2020

How Warcraft III accidentally became a great Lord of the Rings game

Warcraft III: Reforged releases today. We may never get a Warcraft IV, but at least III and its expansion The Frozen Throne are finally getting some love: A refined user interface, more detailed units and buildings, native 4K support, and so on. It’s been a while since I’ve played either campaign, and I’m looking forward to revisiting it. Arthas’s downfall is still one of Blizzard’s best storylines, and I’m excited to see it fully redone.

Blizzard’s authored story is the smallest portion of my love for Warcraft III though. I played it for years, and what kept me coming back is an element that was incredibly important at the time, but rarely discussed now: Warcraft III was one of the best Lord of the Rings games. Maybe the best.

To read this article in full, please click here



from PCWorld https://ift.tt/2O6t1db

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home