Friday 25 October 2019

The Outer Worlds review: A stellar argument for deeper games, not wider ones

Half an hour into The Outer Worlds, someone criticized my fashion sense. Thawed out from intergalactic stasis and thrown into the crumbling hypercapitalist nightmare that is the Halcyon Colony, I of course did the standard role-playing game thing: Ditched my paper-thin clothing for the first beefy set of armor I could “borrow” off a dead foe. Marauder armor, as it turned out.

And then the first civilized human being I ran into called me on it. “You uh...you may not want to wear that armor around here, lest people think you’re a marauder yourself. I’m pretty open-minded, but...”

My jaw dropped. Sufficiently chastised, I switched back into my civilian clothes and only wore clean and corporate-friendly space armor for the next 25 hours. Lesson learned.

To read this article in full, please click here



from PCWorld https://ift.tt/2Wce9Na

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home